The Quality Management System (QMS) at L&T Technology Services provides a robust framework for global delivery considering the varied nature of engagements.
Salient features of the Quality Management System are:
- PEARL (our Quality Management System) – Process Enhancement framework for best practices and learning – has unique processes defined for various activities, such as:
- Provision of Design and Engineering Services like Design & Development, Maintenance, Porting, Verification & Validation services in Embedded Systems & Software, Firmware, Hardware
- Product Engineering and Application Software Services for use in various application domains
- Independent Testing & Test Automation Services and Test Systems Development in various application domains o Engineering solutions for CAD/CAM/CAE/PDM and other customization services in various domains
- Testing of Rubber Compounds, Reinforcing Materials & Composites
- Plant Engineering solutions in specializations like Mechanical, Electrical, Automation and Instrumentation, Civil & Structural, Architecture and Asset Information Management
- Provision of Engineering Process Services in various business domains
- We use PULSE (our workflow management tool), to streamline the execution processes in our projects and deliver best in class products.
- Our process improvement initiatives are driven with the help of a robust measurement framework. Process performance models are used extensively to govern our key delivery processes, which help us to predict the performance and proactively take actions on our projects.
- An independent and dedicated Quality team with the help of Senior Management is focused on driving the quality movement throughout the Organization.
- A cross functional SEPG group focuses on continuously improving the efficacy of the Quality systems.
- All global delivery centers of L&T Technology Services in India are ISO 9001:2008 certified
- Aerospace & Medical Devices practices are AS 9100C and ISO 13485:2003 certified, respectively
- Embedded Systems & Software activities are assessed at Maturity Level 5 of SEI's CMMi® Development Ver. 1.3
Accolades and achievements
We are the 1st Business unit in the world to achieve CMMI® Level 5(staged), Ver 1.1 by adopting all the disciplines. Considering our robust practices, following are some of the accolades that we have received
- Winner of CSI-QAI National Process excellence award in ASIA SEPG conference, in 2003.
- Won multiple National Awards for showcasing our capabilities in Six Sigma.
- Won the Quality Excellence Award for “Planning, process and Systems” as part of the Global Awards for Excellence in Quality Management & Leadership at the World Quality Congress, 2014.
- Won the National Quality Excellence Award in “Product Development” at the National Quality Excellence awards, 2014.
- Won the Quality Excellence Award in “Product Development” as part of the Global Awards for Excellence in Quality Management & Leadership at the World Quality Congress, 2015.
To know more about the accolades won by the Quality team, click here
Note: CMMI is a registered mark of Carnegie Mellon University