L&T Technology Services' Building Solutions, using low power wireless sensors and cloud-based platforms, integrates multiple building control areas such as HVAC, lighting, elevators, escalators and security, to redesign the intelligent building experience. Our solutions are being deployed to engineer the “Smartest Campus in the World” in Israel with over 100 smart building functionalities.
STATE OF THE MARKET
Modern buildings are widely deploying Building solutions, but designing it is a complex and challenging task. With thousands of equipment comes a ton of repeated work for identical automated rooms. Using prefabricated off the shelf instruments and design pattern reduces the complexity of the job but creates compatibility and inter-operability issues. For designing a high standard automation system, selection of instruments is a must but is often limited by insufficient information.
The classical, hierarchical 3-layer model has reached its limits and no longer serves as a viable tool for engineering the complex Building automation solution. An integrated building solution needs integration of heterogeneous technologies. Vertical integration is the key, eliminating the hierarchy levels and providing seamless communication from individual sensors. This being achieved by converging various protocols and integrating network infrastructure.
Estimates suggest that building accounts for roughly 40% of global energy consumption. Intelligent buildings are helping lower the energy consumption by improving existing building automation systems, which require minimal investment. It not only saves a massive amount of energy but also reduces C02 emissions and shortens payback periods.
- iBEMS - Intelligent Building Platform
- Very Simple, intuitive and rich user experience developed with latest technologies. Completely Customizable & configurable by System integrators
- Modular systems and fully customizable as per the requirements to meet the market demand.
- System of systems, to enable infrastructure platforms of the Power and Energy Layer to make the Smart Grid.
- Integrated Analytics Package powered by industry leading “R Analytics”, providing exciting analysis to simplify the overall system.
- Our Building solution has been recognized on Gartner’s “Green and Sustainable Technologies” hype cycle 2014.
- Compliant to the major BMS standards, ASHRAE/ISHRAE, LEED2009, EN15232, IEEE512:2009, FDA Title 21 CFR Part 11
- Design and development of wireless occupancy sensor. 30% smaller, 60% cheaper.
- Designed 1HP BLDC drive that is 50% smaller and 30% cheaper and needs no calibration
- Design and development of Elevator health monitoring system. Reduced cost and service time by 60%.
- Redesigned residential chiller control module to replace the existing chiller control hydronic module. Significant part rationalization, Manufacturing flexibility across chiller products.
- Our iBEMS, using real-time centralized monitoring and control, helped our clients achieve 15% cost savings and 140 tons CO² savings within 7 months