L&T Technology Services (LTTS) provides a range of innovative solutions and proprietary technologies that cater to the home appliance and office products segments.
STATE OF THE MARKET
The global home appliance market is expected to grow upward of 3.5% over 2017, while the market for office services and supplies has consistently logged more than 3% of yearly growth since 2015. Driven by increasing consumer demand, the smart appliances market is rapidly emerging as the leader in this segment. In terms of revenue, it is projected to rake in $38.35billion by 2020. The ubiquity of smart, connected devices and an expanding IoT infrastructure will be a crucial driving force for the market. The modern consumer expects to remotely monitor, control, and operate their smart appliances – choosing convenience and cost benefits that conventional models cannot deliver. With the bulk of demand coming from new and emerging economies, manufacturers will need to focus on customizing products across geographies and ensuring compliance with local regulatory standards. However, a noticeable dearth of technical expertise in handling multiple products for different domains present significant challenges to industry suppliers. Lacking a proper development and sustenance framework, enterprises will have to rethink their aftermarket service delivery model while developing reliable predictive maintenance capabilities.
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) provides a range of innovative solutions and proprietary technologies that cater to the home appliance and office products segments. By leveraging our global sourcing support services, new products can be developed and deployed across emerging markets. Our verification and validation services, along with product localization support ensure product compliance per varying region-specific standards. With our value optimized design services and predictive maintenance solutions, we enable our clients to handle multiple product lines with operational accuracy.
KEY SEGMENTS & SERVICE OVERVIEW
- Standardize processes and optimize product performance through our value engineering services
- Achieve product compliance across regions with our product localization support
- Deliver optimally designed products by leveraging our design and development services
- Upgraded a 10 year-old thermal transfer printer to eliminate field issues. Incorporated enhanced features, such as 7" touch display with wireless printing. Designed driver board for new motors and sensors. Generated a die-cut print algorithm that can achieve precision of 4mm. Removed the need for manual intervention, saving time by 50-60%.
- Localized handheld printer for the APAC market. Increased external flash to accommodate characters of regional languages. Deployed compression/decompression algorithm for storage and retrieval of font bitmap data. Finalized dictionaries and keypad layouts of different languages. Added new features including breaker box and flag label.
- Deployed IoT-based solutions to remotely monitor and control aquariums and associated devices using a mobile application. Developed a Wi-Fi enabled USB hub that allows users to control aquarium products regardless of the location. Created a mobile app with an intuitive user interface for the user to interact with the aquarium.