POWER ELECTRONICS & DRIVES
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) has futuristic solutions addressing some of the pressing needs of the power electronics industry – from density and efficiency to digitalization and energy storage. Our engineering experts coupled with the state-of-the-art infrastructure is creating products for multiple applications ranging from heavy machinery to solar grids and nuclear plants.
STATE OF THE MARKET
Power Electronics is taking the center stage in this world of mass electrification. As per a report by IEEE, power electronics applications, because of decreasing electronics cost and increasing energy cost, will proliferate everywhere. This is pushing the industry toward incremental product development, and highly efficient converters with minimum cooling needs. Miniaturization, higher power density and integration are helping address these challenges. Digitalization is another trend that has attracted a lot of traction lately. From sensor-less drive control, the industry is building solutions for predictive analytics, cloud automation and intelligent energy management. At the same time, major players are also looking to develop efficient power conversion solutions to enhance the viability of power electronic applications.
- Design and development of products for multiple applications, ranging from solar grids to heavy machinery with focus on high power density, miniaturization & connected solutions.
- Revolutionize power conversion efficiency and storage needs with our ingenious solutions for converters, containerized storage and intelligent micro-grids
- Optimize costs, reduce time to market, and accelerate project execution time with our state-of-the-art development and test infrastructure facilities [Testing up-to 690V Drives, Full load testing upto 100kW Drives, Motor Dyne setup upto 75HP power capacity]
- Digitalization and connected power solutions by capitalizing on our expertise in sensor less design, predictive analytics, cloud automation and mobility
- We developed a DC-DC converter, using next-gen semiconductor technology, that helped our client achieve a 95+% efficiency for bi-directional buck and multiphase operations
- Our new algorithms developed for ZCD detection, commutation and speed calculation, PI control, torque control for a sensor-less motor-drive reduced the drive-size by 50%, and slashed costs by an astounding 30%
- An innovative stackable power supply concept for a cutting-machine reduced costs by 30% and made assembly time 40% faster
- Cut-down project execution time by 50% through our globally connected automated test wall that replicates the entire firmware test setup of a remote location, enabling parallel execution of test cases and rapid root-cause analysis