Power & Machine tools
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) provides extensive support for R&D, and testing and design, while assuming complete ownership for new product development initiatives across the power and machine tools segment.
STATE OF THE MARKET
The manufacturing industry is striving to meet the rising demand for next-generation, smart machines, and tools — with the global market for machine tools poised to reach $140.5 billion by 2020.1 In addition, government initiatives like industrial corridors and tax subsidies are also fueling the growth of IoT— enabled production lines, special purpose machine design, and engineering analytics. With constantly evolving regulations and the introduction of IEC Standards 60974, manufacturers will need to focus on recertifying and upgrading their old equipment. As a result, enterprises are looking to employ analytics-based predictive and preventative maintenance, equipment benchmarking, and value engineering in order to achieve the next level of transformation.
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) provides extensive support for R&D, and testing and design, while assuming complete ownership for new product development initiatives across the power and machine tools segment. Our specialized services include manufacturing test systems and end-of-line fixture design necessary for upgrading legacy power and machine tools. LTTS also offers engineering data analytics and IoT maintenance solutions that can aid in developing IoT-enabled production lines and enhancing security within the framework. With our predictive maintenance solutions, test automation, and equipment pre-compliance support, enterprises can adequately address evolving regulatory standards and deliver highly personalized services across geographies.
KEY SEGMENTS & SERVICE OFFERINGS
- Diminish time-to-market and boost operational efficiency by availing our comprehensive set of solutions and services.
- Effectively meet emerging industry requirements across geographies by leveraging our extensive bouquet of digital engineering and managed services.
- Enhance production capabilities with our IoT maintenance solutions and engineering data analytics.
- Developed a 3-phase multi-voltage (187 VAC to 560 VAC), multi-process 400A power source. Provided extensive industrial design, mechanical design, test jig, prototyping, manufacturing, product launch, and program management support. Patented the multi-booster technology—applicable across product segments.
- Developed the world's first motion-activated screwdriver for a leading American tools OEM. Integrated gyroscopic technology to enable motion sensing and actuation capabilities. Created a patented break-over mechanism for shifting between gun and inline modes. Ensured product launch within 7 months.
- Developed test jig for cooler control, power, booster, and remote PCBA for welding power source. Created an automated test system and delivered test jig software in Agilent VEE 9.3 and hardware development in Eplan V2.3. Provided schedule and lead time for test jig manufacture.