Processing & Precision Machines
At L&T Technology Services, our specialist teams in concept to design manufacturing,
motion-control algorithms, robotics, IoT, and value engineering help you turn your digital vision into reality. Our value-optimized design services ensure failure-analysis and resolution, standardization, and operational efficiency, without compromising on functionalities.
STATE OF THE MARKET
Rapid urbanization and growing personal disposable incomes are driving the global demand for easily accessible processed and packaged foods. Companies across industries are therefore exploring services and solutions that enable them to capitalize on the emerging sales opportunities. Internally, the focus is on replacing aging machinery with modern processing and precision units that deliver high throughput at low cost, without compromising on quality. The focus is towards reducing human intervention, standardizing output quality through automation, and diminishing the total cost of ownership (TCO) through predictive maintenance. Digital engineering solutions like IoT, robotics, and wireless protocols have already started to play as a major differentiator in the industry.
CONCEPT TO DESIGN MANUFACTURING
HIGH-SPEED AND LOW-COST AUTOMATION
- Digitalize your processing & packaging machines with advanced sensor engineering, data analytics, machine vision technologies and robotics. Benefits include operational efficiency, low-cost automation, continuous machine up-time and anytime, anywhere plant control.
- Maximize shelf life by availing our extensive experience in designing CIP/SIP systems, and delivering retrofit smart packaging solutions.
- Advanced Value Design Services to enhance equipment effectiveness, smarten legacy machines, reduce TCO and streamline efficiency across the product life-cycle.
- Automate manual processes and integrate dynamic predictive maintenance solutions to extend equipment life, reduce servicing costs, eliminate manual intervention and ensure consistency across the production lifecycle.
- Designed and developed an automated bag inspection system capable of processing 160 bags per minute. Developed and integrated a patented, highly accurate leakage detection system, and reduced TCO to under $5,000.
- Developed a sensor node and IoT gateway for a Japanese client ensuring complete data security and authentication. Collected data on the Cloud server and passed it on to the loading and analysis tool, and enabled end user to view the dash board with real-time data.
- An automated turkey unpacking system capable of removing tear film wraps without damaging the product was designed by us. We integrated a single drive for fulfilling 3 functional requirements, and ensured that the design was in line with CIP requirements.
Redesigned an existing 5-lane potato halver and converted it into a 2-lane unit capable of handling larger volumes. Integrated a smart assembly to facilitate shifting between discharge and drive side with minimal effort. We also created and delivered a centralized CAD database and standard parts catalog.