With expertise in turnkey industrial design, digital engineering, and hybrid energy solutions, L&T Technology Services is helping the renewable industry maximize efficiency, operate smarter, and enhance reliability of energy supply to the grid.
STATE OF THE MARKET
There’s been a constant surge in the demand for sustainable renewable energy sources such as wind and solar. As a result, the focus for renewable energy companies is shifting toward enhancing efficiency- supplying larger quantities of energy to the grid, faster and more cost-effective.
As renewable energy is replacing the fuels-based generation, the future grid is unlikely to look like a bigger version of its former self. The unpredictable nature of renewable power generation requires a complete overhaul in the approach to balancing supply and demand. We foresee the increased adoption of networked grids with real-time communication.
Digital technologies such as IoT, Cloud are enabling companies to have seamless access to data, for asset monitoring, worker safety, smart service support and accurate demand forecast. Hybrid power generation is very likely to take the center stage because it offsets the dependence of renewable energy on weather conditions.
- Bring down your total cost of ownership and unlock massive efficiency gains with our end-to-end concept to industrial design expertise
- Digitalize your machines, energy plants, operations and distribution with our ingenious IoT solutions for remote asset monitoring, automated digitalization of data, worker safety, and smart service support powered by augmented reality
- Optimize your levelized cost of electricity (LCOE) using hybrid solutions. Our containerized battery energy solution enables you with the integration of wind, solar and conventional power sources into a single micro-grid storage - ensuring all the power generated is consumed
- Our turbine health monitoring system designed for a wind energy OEM analyzed over 33000 sensor points to reduce maintenance costs, prevent revenue loss from low power generation, and execute predictive analytics. This led to an impressive maintenance cost-savings of 10% for the firm, within the first year
- A value engineering project for a wind turbine generator resulted in 1% material cost savings and an additional 18% savings through alternate sourcing
- Designed and developed software for a grid-tied solar inverter using digital simulation which enhanced product efficiency to 94% and MPPT algorithm efficiency to 99%. This was further expanded to a scalable, ready-to-use solutions for large capacity solar farms
- Designed the mainframe for a 100 KW wind turbine system which complied with safety and DNV-GL standards. Ensured quick turnaround, and reduced the weight and complexity of the yaw drive, which unlocked massive savings