SPECIAL MACHINE TOOLS
L&T Technology Services is facilitating massive breakthroughs in the power and machine tools industry with our innovations in ruggedized engineering, energy-efficient devices, and digitalization. Our state-of-the-art infrastructure, specialist engineering expertise, ingenious solutions, and digital capabilities are helping customers disrupt markets and roll-out products that are smarter, faster and super-efficient.
STATE OF THE MARKET
With the advent of breakthrough technology-innovations and pressing need for designing cost-efficient machine tools, the power and machine tools industry is taking giant leaps. Digital technologies such as IoT, data-analytics, artificial-intelligence, the Cloud, and robotics are revolutionizing the sector.
Organizations are adopting technology that can help them reduce human dependencies to reduce machine tool cost, improve product life span, and enhance speed and accuracy. In-fact, machine tools are no more about speed and accuracy alone, as the harsh and remote work locations demand that the tools are smarter, portable, more energy efficient, and ruggedized. Hence, the askance is for breakthrough innovations in product design and manufacturing. The industry is already in partnerships with experts to leverage product/value engineering with digitalization capabilities to come up with machine tools that are loaded with features like predictive maintenance smart diagnostics, smart operation or self-guiding products. We’re heading towards machines that are smarter, more efficient, and cost effective than ever before.
- Digitalize your products & service offerings with sensor-based remote product management, autonomous operations powered by robotics and AI, and predictive analytics for enhanced product life
- Automation tools & accelerators for product compliance and testing to achieve faster time-to-market and streamlined-costs
- Highly ruggedized products to improve product life cycle and improved performance under harsh conditions
- Battery powered products/tools that are highly energy-efficient and can be used in remote locations, for longer hours without impacting performance
- Designed the World’s 1st motion activated Screwdriver. This patented latch mechanism technology demonstrates our ability to cross-pollinate – adapting the gyro technology extensively used in heavy machinery to a humble screwdriver
- Developed a battery-operated welding robot to cater to the accessibility challenges in offshore drilling. It can perform internal welding of pipes with an 8 inches outer diameter, and deliver an unprecedented peak efficiency of 95%
- Designed a hand-held vibration analyzer that can detect anomalies in rotary machines up-to 12 months before the fault occurs. The device, with 3 patents uses Phase Analysis for early detection and Log Amplifier to handle massive range