TEST & MEASUREMENT
L&T Technology Services has futuristic in-house test capabilities and state of the art IoT Center of excellence that addresses some of the pressing needs of the Test and Measurement industry. Our work in areas such as instrument sensors, instrument analytics, system monitoring and high speed industrial connectivity protocol are revolutionizing the Test and Measurement market.
STATE OF THE MARKET
The test and measurement (T&M) industry is going through a paradigm shift. Trends such as IoT and 5G are significantly changing the requirements for test equipment and raising concerns over their longevity. With this in mind, modularity has become the new mantra in the industry. T&M Manufacturers are engineering differentiation through software which can help them add functionality to their hardware and keep up with changing test needs. Another area of focus is in multi-sensor data fusion techniques to improve the accuracy of measurements.
In this digitalized age, measurement devices have to communicate with an array of systems, running on multiple platforms and communication protocols. Rather than customizing their products for every platform, T&M manufacturers are focusing on interoperability to enable seamless communication with a wide variety of systems.
T&M is moving to the cloud. This has helped in real-time capture and storage of measurement results, advanced data analytics on the results, and automation of customized report creation. T&M Manufacturers are also using cloud connectivity to engineer predictive maintenance algorithms for their machines – detecting anomalies at an early stage and fixing device bugs long before they actually occur.
- Patented Solutions: 25+ patents in areas such as measurement, power supply, and compensation techniques
- Rich experience in product and communication protocol certification – ATEX, UL, CE, safety, and industrial protocols
- State-of-the-art lab facility that helps qualify products for different compliance standards during the development stage
- Strong expertise and research capabilities in sensor engineering, cloud automation, predictive analytics and UI/UX engineering.
- Mature product engineering services: With 9000+ engineers and 40,000 man months of cumulative product engineering experience, we understand the complexities and nuances during each stage of your PDLC.
- Design and development of a portable vibration analyzer: Accuracy ranging from 0.1dB to 0.3dB with less than -120dBFS noise floor. Ensured battery operation for 8 hours. 3 patents filed. Winner of the golden product award
- Design and developed a Digital power meter that measures voltage, current, active power, reactive power, apparent power, active energy, reactive energy, apparent energy, power factor, and frequency on a single or 3-phase AC power supply. Ensured 0.2% accuracy as per IEC687.
- Flame sensor that operates at 150°C without cooling coil mechanism. With over 7 certifications on intrinsic safety, explosion proof enclosures, electromagnetic compatibility and many more, our engineers ensured accurate sensor performance in toughest of conditions.
- Wireless Smart sensors for liquid measurement: The sensor not only measures the liquid pH but also stores the calibration data, usage history, manufacturer info and monitors data whenever connected. The sensor operates on a power source of just 200 μA and has total board capacitance of 0.2321 μF, enabling precise measurement with a small power source for extended periods of time.
- Wireless Integrated sensor box to measure, calibrate and display O2 & CO2 concentration, temperature and pressure. A flexible and future-proof device that has a highly modular design with pluggable sensors and measurement boards that supports hot swap feature. With wide connectivity options such as Zigbee, Ethernet, RS485 and USB, the sensor box has the flexibility to function with any client setup.