Transmission & Distribution
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) provides an extensive suite of offerings for the following segments—switchgear and protection, metering equipment, micro-grid solutions, UPS and solid state automatic switch, energy storage, conversion, and building management system (BMS), among others.
STATE OF THE MARKET
Power transmission and distribution companies are embracing renewable sources of energy and emerging technologies to reduce losses. Driven by stringent environmental policies as well as the need to increase efficiency and sustainability, the focus is now on smart solutions, such as micro-grids and DC transmission. While interest in digitalization has also gained steam, many companies are unable to move to this model due to the high financial investment it necessitates. Scalable, cost-effective solutions for grid rehabilitation and digitization are therefore the need of the hour. At the moment, the focus is on upgrading the present infrastructure and enhance equipment functionality using retrofit solutions.
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) provides an extensive suite of offerings for the following segments—switchgear and protection, metering equipment, micro-grid solutions, UPS and solid state automatic switch, energy storage, conversion, and building management system (BMS), among others. We engage in new product development (NPD), product sustenance, obsolescence management, value engineering, should cost analysis, localization, testing and verification, product certification, and test automation. Furthermore, we offer supplementary services involving computer-aided engineering (CAE), bid management, utility automation and energy management, wireless power digitalization, condition-based monitoring, and predictive analysis.
KEY SEGMENTS & OFFERINGS
- Improve operational efficiency by leveraging electrical tools that employ cutting-edge technology
- Minimize transmission and distribution losses and reduce resource wastage with our end-to-end services
- Upgrade existing equipment and infrastructure, and maximize efficiency by utilizing hybrid fuel models and retrofit solutions
- Designed and developed overcurrent relay (OCR) fault interrupters to ensure safe tripping during various fault conditions. Monitored and configured different power parameters via Webserver over the Ethernet and USB. Ensured compliance with IEE standards
- Replaced ASIC with new circuit design on PQ clamp meter without altering size and shape of existent PCB. Conducted feasibility analysis, reduced costs by over 30%, and increased battery life by 20%
- Developed fault detection meter using Crest Factor Plus bearing fault algorithm to correctly identify damage severity. The product gained 14% market share in a year and won awards for innovation, testing, and measurement