L&T Technology Services (LTTS) partners offer patient care and mobility solutions, such as hospital beds, critical care and ICU beds, stretchers, wheelchairs, and wound therapy.
STATE OF THE MARKET
With the global aging population set to increase from 617 million in 2016 to 1.6 billion in 2050, patient mobility service providers will continue to target this segment.¹ The market will derive further momentum from the focus on safe patient handling and mobility. (SPHM) standards and government regulations discouraging manual patient handling. Overall, the healthcare mobility solutions market is expected to expand from $24,335.3 million in 2015 to $84,817.9 million in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate of 28.4%. Trends such as an increase in injuries and musculoskeletal disorders (MSD) among nursing staff and patient care providers will also be pivotal to market growth. Combined with this, patients’ preference for home care and the nursing staff crunch are emerging as crucial drivers for the patient mobility industry.
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) partners offer patient care and mobility solutions, such as hospital beds, critical care and ICU beds, stretchers, wheelchairs, and wound therapy. Furthermore, we develop test equipment as well as deliver HIL simulation and field testing, design verification testing, electromagnetic interference-electromagnetic compatibility testing, and software testing and test automation services. To ensure smooth connectivity and communication, we also provide mobile medical apps, central monitoring systems, intelligent patient monitoring solutions, and nurse call capabilities.
KEY SEGMENTS & SERVICE OFFERINGS
- Enhance patient data safety by leveraging our end-to-end analytics and information security solutions
- Increase compatibility with the existing healthcare asset management framework through our robust application hardware and software development services
- Improve operational efficiency and develop user-friendly apps with quick backend support by utilizing our sleep monitoring devices, strong logistics support, and patient scheduling app
- Reduced the overall cost of a control box being used for 3 hospital bed variants—by combining the boards and ensuring functionality. Combined 3 PCB modules into 1 main control board through design optimization. Modified spec requirements and design documents, and developed hardware and firmware. Reduced BoM cost of control box by 27%
- Developed an electrical surgical table for emerging markets as a cost competitive solution for the client's current surgical table. Conducted requirement specifications, hazard analysis, risk management per ISO standards and assembly tear down. Created inspection data for all parts and converted into 3D CAD data, and manufacturing engineering drawings. Reduced project schedule by 10%
- Performed design verification through simulation (tolerance stack up, kinematic analysis, FE structural analysis) by providing documented evidence that complies with V&V and ISO standards. Reduced test samples and correlated simulation results with test results—within the acceptable margin of error. Reduced client's CapEx, and established a workflow methodology for design verification using simulation