Smart home engineering
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) has vast experience in STB MW development, porting and integration as well as Central Authentication Service (CAS) and Data Relationship Management (DRM) integration and testing. Our integration and testing services extend to broadcast and OTT networks that are fast expanding across the STB ecosystem.
STATE OF THE MARKET
The Set Top Box (STB) market is all set for consolidation, as most semiconductor vendors are leaving the business and making room for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). While this presents an opportunity for established players to generate more revenue, it also signals the need to meet increasing consumer demand for media-rich home entertainment services. With the population of ‘cord cutters’ and ‘cord nevers’ fast growing, Multiple-System Operators (MSOs) will also have to join the fray—by offering Over-the-Top (OTT) or video-on-demand apps that cater to the rising popularity of video streaming. In the interest of deploying next-generation video services, both OEMs and MSOs are leveraging open source Middleware (MW) and integrating cutting-edge features into their TVs. Overall, the market seems to be heading towards standardizing devices to seamlessly integrate custom features into them on demand. These trends highlight the importance of forging the right STB services partnership to deliver on end-user expectations.
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) has vast experience in STB MW development, porting and integration as well as Central Authentication service (CAS) and Data Relationship Management (DRM) integration and testing. Our integration and testing services extend to broadcast and OTT networks that are fast expanding across the STB ecosystem. As a member of the RDK ecosystem and the system integration partner for Frog by Wyplay, we have access to a robust network of partners to support our comprehensive product integration, testing, and test automation services. Across multiple handheld and streaming devices, LTTS also develops applications for Android, iOS and HTML 5-based operating systems. Additionally, we deliver customized User Interfaces (UIs) and User Experience (UX) design as well as those that revolve around feature enhancements. Among other proprietary solutions, our cloud-based recommendation engine can be customized across media devices such as STB’s smart TVs and DTRobo™ automation tool for streaming apps or live TV on multiple platforms.
ENHANCED DEVICE MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
- Superior domain knowledge of the latest industry standards and technologies
- End-to-end capabilities across software, hardware, mechanical and industrial design
- A strong ecosystem presence with OEMs, original design manufacturers, semiconductor vendors, and MSOs
- Impressive track record with leading OEMs
- Ready-to-deploy solutions like TR-069, RDK Emulator tool, recommendations engine, and test automation products
- Leverage the skills of our STB domain experts and in-house test automation tool to accelerate time to market for your products
- Avail our application development, porting, and testing capabilities across devices to meet your customers’ expectations
- Keep pace with customers’ needs by harnessing our ability to customize UIs and UX design, and enhance product features
- Carried out middleware development and porting for a new chipset. Provided build and integration, testing and test automation as well as lab drop and MSO support services. Ensured 60% improvement in electronic program guide performance and 40% reduction in non-recurring engineering (NRE) costs
- Simplified the app development process for developers by creating a PC-based environment that enables these activities without a physical STB. Ensured 30% reduction in time spent on app development and testing
- Developed a high-performance, browser-based TV UI with voice-activated smart remote control. Executed 30% changes in the UI and delivered within client-specified timeframe