Advanced driver assistance systems
Road accidents rank as the 9th leading cause of death, accounting for 2.2% of deaths globally. The alarming number of such incidents is driving both governments, regulatory bodies and automotive manufacturers to implement advanced safety solutions across product lines.
STATE OF THE MARKET
Road accidents rank as the 9th leading cause of death, accounting for 2.2% of deaths globally. The alarming number of such incidents is driving both governments, regulatory bodies and automotive manufacturers to implement advanced safety solutions across product lines. The demand for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) is apparent across vehicle segments and geographies, with Europe, North America, and APAC countries moving towards mandating digitally enabled driver safety solutions.
As such, the present ADAS market is projected to grow at 10.44% CAGR to USD 42.40 billion by 20212. Fueled by the digital epoch, ADAS solutions are being increasingly adopted by the emerging driverless vehicle segment, creating massive scope for deeper market penetration. However, ADAS solutions need to be consistently refined and upgraded for ensuring accuracy in terms of accommodating climate and terrain unpredictability. Moreover, auto manufacturers and operators have to meet compliance standards and customize solutions for compatibility across platforms in order to decrease time to market and competitiveness.
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) specializes in ADAS solutions based on monocular camera and image-processing, backed by algorithms optimized to meet and exceed industry standards. Utilizing heterogeneous multi-core capabilities of SoCs, LTTS possess the capability of porting and integrating proprietary algorithms across platforms such as NXP-Freescale, TI, and Renesas. At LTTS, we use image processing algorithms to develop lane departure warning solutions, distance estimation, and curved lane warning and surround view systems which leverage image stitching, bird’s eye view and camera calibration technologies. LTTS also ensures that ADAS solutions are in line with ISO 26262, ASIL-x and Euro NCAP standards.
SYNERGIZING ADVANCED ALGORITHMS & IMAGING SOLUTIONS
- Comprehensive test solution: ADAS studio
- Multi-sensor competency and Sensor fusion
- Optimizing and Porting
- Cost Effective
- Unique Algorithm Design
- Leverage our in-depth knowledge in image processing to deliver low-cost ADAS solutions
- Utilize multi-core capabilities to develop optimized image processing algorithms and port them across platforms to ensure faster go-to market
- Adopt functional safety (ISO 26262, ASIL-x, and Euro NCAP) standards and deploy ADAS solutions in line with regulatory requirements
- Lane Departure Warning System uses ans error-proofed design of robust image processing algorithms to meet all worst case scenarios while following ISO safety standards
- Developed an algorithm for 3D reconstruction of a scene using 'Structure from Motion' technique
- Successfully reconstructed 3D scene at different views using 2D images/ video stream
- Captured pedestrians on video frames and extracted the features of each. Pedestrians and non-pedestrians identified and process image displayed on HUD for driver assistance