Aerostructure Simulation & Analysis
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) offers a host of services in keeping with the current trends in the aerospace and defense industry. These include primary and secondary structural design and analysis, engineering change management, sustenance support, obsolescence management, new product development and value engineering.
STATE OF THE MARKET
Faced with unexpected competitive pressures, the aerospace and defense industry has seen revenues decline over the last few years. However, the market is expected to bounce back from 2016 onwards, with total sector revenue growth estimated at 3% this year. Increases in defense budgets across geographies and the resurgence of national security threats have been key driving forces for the market. Lower crude oil prices, strong passenger demand for travel, and a shift towards next-generation technologies in the commercial aerospace subsector have further steered the market forward. Upward trends are expected to continue, with governments increasingly turning to modern defense platforms and next-generation cyber and intelligence gathering technologies, defense electronics, and precision-strike capabilities. This highlights the need to develop and design more complex parts and systems at a competitive cost, with more substantial technological content and shorter lead times.
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) offers a host of services in keeping with the current trends in the aerospace and defense industry. These include primary and secondary structural design and analysis, engineering change management, sustenance support, obsolescence management, new product development, and value engineering. Furthermore, we provide testing and certification support, finite element analysis (FEA), and computational fluid dynamic (CFD) analysis services. Our partners contribute to client engagements that involve concept design, manufacturing, designated engineering representative (DER) support, testing and certification, and after-market design enhancement. In addition, L&T Technology Services infotainment and platform services ensure compatibility across different operating systems.
IN-HOUSE AND OFF-SHORE CAPABILITIES OF DESIGN AND SUPPORT
- Expertise in value analysis/value engineering (VAVE)
- Vast experience in lighting and integrated systems design
- Extensive experience handling major commercial programs
- Supported by a strong manufacturing lineage
- Manufacture robust products by leveraging our primary and secondary structural design and analysis services
- Lower production costs by taking advantage of our value engineering services
- Validate and optimize designs, and meet safety, performance and quality standards through FEA/CFD simulation
- Designed an aircraft interior - paying attention to weight and CG, wiring and cabinet design, stress analysis, flammability, and placards
- Tested and certified a heat exchanger, belly fuel filter, heat condenser, rotary actuator, and rudder boost transducer. Fulfilled specified requirements surrounding design and validation