L&T Technology Services delivers a set of comprehensive after market services and solutions tailored to support new product development—enabling MROs to break into emerging markets.
STATE OF THE MARKET
Having witnessed steady growth over the past decade, the after market service vertical raked in $621 billion in 2015 and is poised to grow at a CAGR of approximately 5% up till 2020.¹ The sector’s expansion is currently being driven by increasing demand from emerging markets, specifically the APAC region. However, as far as the aviation sector itself is concerned, economic growth is projected to be tepid in mature markets. Therefore, the air transport industry’s present focus is on cost reduction through efficient outsourcing and increased asset utilization. This is fueling competition within the after market service sector as OEMs such as Boeing and Airbus are beginning to explore the feasibility of operating as MRO integrators. Under mounting pressure, dedicated MRO service providers are rethinking their present business model. Other business challenges also continue to hinder competitiveness—a marked lack of trained talent necessary for handling maintenance operations, or the dearth of IT capabilities for supporting remote monitoring and aircraft health diagnostics.
L&T Technology Services delivers a set of comprehensive after market services and solutions tailored to support new product development—enabling MROs to break into emerging markets. With training solutions like CBT, WBT, and LMS, we ensure that maintenance teams are always prepared to handle engineering challenges in-field and on-the-fly. Our digital capabilities are purpose designed to support inventory management and maintenance planning extensively. L&T Technology Services Integrated Logistics Solutions (ILS), testing and certification support, and knowledge-based engineering are capable of enabling cost optimization across the value chain and shortening the lead time by ensuring that local and global compliance and safety standards are met.
3-TIER SUPPORT ACROSS ALL AFTER MARKET SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
- Deep domain knowledge and cross-disciplinary expertise
- Proven track record with 100% OTD
- 30% cost saving through process standardization
- Cost effective test solution with 35% cost advantage
- ‘One Stop Shop’ - from design to certification support
- Optimally leverage existing resources and guide the systems engineering process with ILS
- Harness our MRO modification services to streamline airframes and optimize energy consumption
- Implement L&T Technology Services value engineering solutions to keep products and services updated, and reduce equipment down time
- Changed material of elevator assembly parts, modified design and analysis reports, and resolved existing issues in elevator assembly. Conducted stress analysis and weight balancing for modifications as well as finalized testing and certification. Reduced cost and impact on the structural and aerodynamic property
- Integrated new in-cabin functions to automatically activate relevant videos when passengers choose to interact with these touchpoints. Developed a highly interactive interface, enabling users to navigate data quickly, and over multiple channels
- Created illustrated parts' catalog for aircraft maintenance manuals by analyzing engineering drawings, modifications. Exported CGM to .TIFF files which displays good clarity in MS Word and ensured that findings could be used for customers who have minimal requirements for content development