Body engineering, safety & restraints
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) offers end-to-end testing services, which include performance benchmarking, feature integration, platform regression, and operational acceptance testing for Android devices.
STATE OF THE MARKET
Evolving customer demands and advances in material technologies are prompting original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to refine their approach to automobile body design. Primarily, they are exploring alternative construction materials and looking to employ composite materials to improve structural integrity and durability. With stiffening regulations governing energy efficiency and vehicle safety, light weight engineering, robust modeling, simulation and testing are also becoming priorities for vehicle manufacturers. Overall, the automotive sector’s objective is to adopt a ‘modular’ production approach to ensure the diversification of vehicle models, streamline component procurement, and reduce time-to-market.
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) offers end-to-end testing services, which include performance benchmarking, feature integration, platform regression, and operational acceptance testing for Android devices. Our STB test services comprise of lab and field testing which along with test automation, enables our clients to reduce time-to-market. Additionally, we provide in-vehicle infotainment testing services to address connectivity, GPS, front panel model functionality, and associated network condition issues.
COMPREHENSIVE BIW DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT & ANALYSIS
- End-to-end support for body engineering as well as safety and restraint systems, including design and development, testing, and validation and prototyping
- Expertise in material selection and validation, product re-design, B-side development, enclosure design, metal to plastics conversion, and re-engineering
- Value engineering services that deliver total cost reduction (TCR) through innovation
- Lower cost of materials and overall manufacturing by leveraging our engineering services
- Comply with local and international safety regulations by optimizing product weight, production, and design capabilities
- Streamline component sourcing and procurement processes to improve product turnaround time
- Converted master sections provided by product designers into manufacturable plastic parts to develop an instrumental panel. Validated design using mold flow analysis and provisioned undercuts near clip tower to avoid sink marks. Delivered 2D manufacturing drawings and 3D models, automated head impact zones, provided SOP support and enabled the multi-site launch of products
- Developed and documented cost-effective airbag folding methodology to ensure that it could be utilized for similar projects. Improved productivity and cost-efficiency using LS Dyna— the new methodology
- Developed parts for a prototype of seat belt retractor. Executed theoretical design validation using hand calculations, decreased weight and size of the product, and cut costs by 30%