INFLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT & COMMUNICATION
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) offers comprehensive engineering support by partnering with Microsoft, National Instruments, and other Fortune 500 companies globally.
STATE OF THE MARKET
To cope with the heightened competitive climate, airlines have been enriching their user experience by delivering superior in-flight Entertainment and Communication (IFEC) services. The focus has been on customizing in-flight entertainment and communication systems depending on travel class and offering live-streaming, and Internet connectivity on board. While the objective is to enhance the cabin Graphical User Interface (GUI) experience, the lack of resources to handle open-source and other advanced technology stacks has been a serious concern. Internally, airlines are implementing productivity improvement tools, test automation, and data analytics solutions, as well as health and performance monitoring systems to cater to passengers’ demands. Many companies are also looking to streamline their independent verification and validation processes to elevate the in-flight passenger experience. With these trends gaining pace, the IFEC services market is projected to increase from $2.85 billion in 2015 to $5.80 billion by 2020.
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) offers comprehensive engineering support by partnering with Microsoft, National Instruments, and other Fortune 500 companies globally. Our service suite comprises of system validation, connectivity, mobile app, multi-media infotainment and HMI testing, application development, porting, integration of third party components, and data analytics. For software development, L&T Technology Services web competencies, the cloud, .NET and VB frameworks, and open source platforms ensure multifaceted client requirements are met. We also leverage LabVIEW, CVI, and other best-in-class system design software to deliver robust test and measurement services.
OUR EXTENSIVE DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT, & TESTING SERVICES
- UMACS that enhances user experience and analytics.
- DT Robo™, an Android test automation framework.
- Manage IP-based, in-flight entertainment effectively, and reduce maintenance efforts with our robust IFEC service offerings
- Minimize or eliminate cabin crew intervention for certain in-flight amenities by availing our design, development and testing services
- Ensure seamless connectivity on board with our extensive expertise in network management solutions
- Designed and implemented GlobalCart Services for different components like SVDU, TPMU and iCMT. This enables passengers to select items from different shopping applications and stream all items into a single cart
- Developed a dashboard page to display aircraft data, Inflyt tracking, health monitoring, and aircraft availability pages for all airlines
- Automated a network management system. This brought down maintenance efforts by 33% and reduced turnaround time by almost 40%