L&T Technology Services (LTTS) develops AUTOSAR-specific microcontroller abstraction layer (MCAL) to reduce product development lifecycle and time to market.
STATE OF THE MARKET
The global commercial vehicles market has been witnessing a paradigm shift. While the West still represents the largest market, the PAC region is catching up as manufacturers shift operations to emerging economies like China and India to reduce costs and accelerate product deployment. However, regulatory interventions designed to increase on-road safety and environmental sustainability are boosting the overall cost of compliance. Manufacturers and OEMs are therefore implementing hybrid technologies and upgrading traditional powertrain models to enhance energy efficiency. In the process, a set of new challenges have come to the fore—non-standardized platforms and architectural complexity being among the most common pain points for next-generation powertrain technology providers.
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) develops AUTOSAR-specific microcontroller abstraction layer (MCAL) to reduce product development lifecycle and time to market. Our core capabilities revolve around gearbox and shaft design, component selection and re-design, and engine management control unit development. We enable manufacturers to improve existing products and product strategies by leveraging VOC analysis, benchmarking, reverse engineering, cost analysis, MIL and HIL simulation, BMS algorithm development, AWD system development, and injection and ignition control. Driven by a large talent pool with multidisciplinary skills, we are equipped to deliver superior engineering solutions and address emerging challenges.
END-TO-END DESIGN SOLUTIONS
- In-house simulation, testing, and V&V labs
- Experienced CAE team capable of executing a range of mechanical design requirements—from static analysis, multi-body
- dynamics (MBD) to CFD analysis
- Accelerators for BMS, plant modeling library
- Large pool of SMEs for powertrain installation, AUTOSAR, MBD
- Off-shore labs for dSPACE and NI
- VAVE certified engineers and a robust network of suppliers to drive cost initiatives
- Leverage cost opportunities through collaborative engine installation programs, best cost country (BCC) sourcing, and should cost analysis
- Execute mechanical design programs by utilizing our multi-disciplinary pool of engineers and SMEs
- Implement well-defined security and quality protocols to protect data and maintain product standards
- Meet schedule, cost and quality requirements with our extensive project management expertise
- Designed and tested a powertrain ECU for a tier 1 automotive supplier. Integrated features such as speed shift switch, vehicle speed sensor, and various solenoid valve drives
- Engineered an engine load management solution in collaboration with a leading European AG equipment OEM. The new solution managed engine load by controlling pump and motor displacements of a hydrostatic transmission
- Selected bearing for PTO output and input shaft, and A/C pulley coupling support. Delivered bearing selection reports, provided housing design guide-lines as well as improved bearing life and augment-ed assembly design