L&T Technology Services (LTTS) offers comprehensive support for end-to-end system design and integration of locomotive solutions, customized to meet varying market requirements.
STATE OF THE MARKET
The increasing demand for rail transport as a reliable and efficient means of travel is steadily rising, incentivizing governments worldwide to heavily invest in rolling stock, infrastructure, signaling, and urban transit systems. In the coming years, the market volume is projected to grow 2.6% per year on average worldwide, and reach about 185 billion euros in 2021. Increasing population, rapid urbanization, and rising mobility have been serving as the key drivers, especially in the BRIC region, Asia, and Africa. This trend is not limited to developing or emerging economies – Europe and North America continues to develop on their present infrastructure with the ultimate goal of improving passenger experience and safety. However, challenges within this field of operation continue to present themselves. There is a marked shortage of resources with niche skills which impedes the scope for delivering systems assurance and implementing RAMS methodologies. Additionally, fleet owners themselves exhibit noticeable resistance towards embracing modern solutions like condition-based maintenance and asset management.
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) offers comprehensive support for end-to-end system design and integration of locomotive solutions, customized to meet varying market requirements. Our portfolio of services includes signaling and communication engineering, simulation, automation, testing and validation support. We empower our partners with state-of-the-art prototype development, installation, testing, commissioning, refurbishment, and variant management support to help develop SME expertise for innovative design and technology development.
COMPREHENSIVE 3-TIER SERVICES & SOLUTIONS FOR RAIL TRANSPORT & SIGNALING
- Extensive experience in embedded systems
- Niche skills in system assurance and RAMS
- Ready to fit solutions for condition-based maintenance
- Comprehensive infotainment integration capabilities for improving the passenger experience
- Matured practice in asset management
- Leverage our reliability, availability, maintainability, and safety (RAMS) and system assurance support for executing independent verification of signaling design
- Train and enhance SME expertise to deliver the latest designs with the help of our installation, testing, commissioning, refurbishment, and variant management support
- Execute asset management and condition-based fleet maintenance by implementing retrofit and WAGES solutions
- Designed and optimized the overall size of vertical support pan assembly as per space constraint, and customized axial damper in line with car body space availability. Delivered CAD models and assemblies, weldment manufacturing drawings, detail drawing, purchase reference drawings, and bill of material
- Designed a railway brake management system in line with SIL2. Developed and delivered the required hardware, software, and supporting application software. Executed functional and performance testing, developed multiple simulators for parallel module development, and delivered documentation in line with IEC61508 and IEEE 1558 standards