TELEMATICS & CONNECTED CARS
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) provides comprehensive software services, such as systems engineering and requirements management, application development as well as the integration of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), and third-party telematics and infotainment components.
STATE OF THE MARKET
Telematics services are growing rapidly. Driven by technological advances, affordability, and the need for tighter safety regulations, the automotive telematics market is expected to reach $45 billion by 2019.1 In line with these trends, governments are also expected to impose stricter security mandates in the coming years. While this spells revenue opportunities for telematics and connected car manufacturers, it also poses one major challenge—ensuring the standardization of security and connectivity platforms, while keeping up with increasing complexities in design and reducing time-to-market.
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) provides comprehensive software services, such as systems engineering and requirements management, application development as well as the integration of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), and third-party telematics and infotainment components. Our software service suite also encompasses the integration of Android, Linux and QNX-based telematics, dedicated short range communication, platform software, and validation support. Additionally, LTTS assists clients with Cloud implementation, offers platform-as-a-service and software-as-a-service, as well as provides platform migration and companion app development support. We also ensure the safety of in-vehicle networks and penetration testing. To complement these offerings, LTTS supports the connected vehicle industry through functionality and certification testing, middleware and distributed communication frameworks, and telematics gateway design.
TELEMATICS OFFERINGS FRAMEWORK
- In-house labs dedicated to long term evolution (LTE) and telematics
- In-house labs for dSPACE
- Subject matter experts in the IoT, security, and automotive domains
- UBIquiese IoT platform
- Implement fleet management solutions and mobility platforms to improve vehicle interconnectivity
- Safeguard passengers by implementing our functional safety consulting program
- Guarantee data security and protect critical systems from unauthorized intrusions by leveraging our end-to-end data encryption services
- Monitor driver behavior and maintain control using wide-ranging pay-as-you-use models
- Developed and delivered telematics for gasoline, electric, hybrid, and other vehicle variants. Maximized simulator and bench test coverage to reduce the cost of defects in later product stages. Generated and integrated CAN drivers for app software and bootloader
- Performed grey-box penetration testing for a telematics control unit (TCU) to ascertain whether it was secure Aprte and free from hacker-intrusion. Developed utility frameworks for CAN fuzzing, CAN sniffer implementation, and FOTA-MiTM (plain traffic view)
- Developed and designed a TCU with 4G embedded phone module, which runs app software, supports Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, and enables stolen-vehicle tracking with a battery backup unit