IDVT (Integrated Design, Validation & Testing)
L&T Technology Services’ (LTTS’) service suite encompasses product stress and durability analysis, noise and vibration studies, impact/crash studies, multi-body dynamics, computational fluid dynamics (CFD), and optimization through design of experiments (DoE).
STATE OF THE MARKET
The three major components of integrated design, validation, and testing (IDVT)—computer-aided engineering (CAE), mechanical design services (MDS) and mechanical testing services (MTS)—are gaining rapid interest across the automotive, oil, healthcare, finance, and aerospace and defense industries. The CAE segment alone is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 11.10% from 2016, to reach approximately $5.9 billion by 2021.1 Fueled by considerable economic growth in these industries, Cloud-based, CAE tools are becoming a necessary aide for firms looking to expand their geographical footprint. However, a dearth of skilled resources across end-user industries impedes the IDVT market’s development. With hardly any specialized skills to rely on, adapting to cutting-edge methodologies to optimize the topology, size and shape of materials have become problematic. Within this scenario, it is hardly surprising that the demand for mechanical testing services is on the rise. In particular, failure analysis is proving popular—with the global market for these services projected to reach $8.3 billion by 2022.2 While there is a growing focus on integrated analysis, companies are having to seek external support due to the lack of in-house expertise as well as the high cost of maintenance and equipment.
L&T Technology Services’ (LTTS’) service suite encompasses product stress and durability analysis, noise and vibration studies, impact/crash studies, multi-body dynamics, computational fluid dynamics (CFD), and optimization through design of experiments (DoE). We also provide end-to-end CAE services and facilitate new product development (NPD) projects through precise design and prototyping. Furthermore, we offer mechanical design and testing services, plastics engineering services, industrial design services, packaging design, and development as well as hydraulic/pneumatic system design and testing services. With the support of our strong partner ecosystem, we conduct cost-efficient failure analysis for our clients globally.
OUR END-TO-END CAPABILITIES
- Comprehensive industrial design expertise
- Faster time-to-market through virtual validation
- Willing to invest in developmental projects
- Industry expertise in molding and tooling
- Robust partnership ecosystem
- Simulate product performance under various conditions with our failure analysis services
- Reduce cost of equipment and maintenance with our comprehensive IDVT services
- Improve quality of products and overall operational efficiency by leveraging our design and testing services
- Optimized processes surrounding industrial products and medical devices. Improved productivity by 20%, while reducing defects by 12-15% and costs by 20-30%
- Conducted a durability evaluation test on BIW—front and rear suspension on multi-axis rig according to defined test specifications. Executed thorough testing of fixtures design, manufacturing, and assembly, reviewed results, and generated a consolidated test report
- NE Simulated impact/crash scenarios to validate a G. passenger airbag using a pendulum test setup. Performed analysis according to LS-Dyna mpp R7.1.1 Revision 88541 SVN 88920 version