L&T Technology Services (LTTS) offers comprehensive harness design and development services—from schematics to prototyping. Using our wire harness routing expertise, we deliver solutions that are customized according to established communication protocols and serviceability considerations.
STATE OF THE MARKET
The global automotive market has witnessed steady year-over-year growth and is projected to reach 29.1 million units by 2020. Emerging markets, specifically APAC countries are expected to experience a consistent upturn in sales over the next decade. In order to support the burgeoning commercial and light vehicle industry that underlies other verticals such as construction, mining, and agriculture, the wire harness market is expanding in sync. Industry reports are already predicting a CAGR of 9.1% to reach an estimated value of $95.3 billion by the end of 2025. Wire harness development continues to be a bottleneck with OEMs striving to keep pace with the proliferation of connected components and circuits—a result of rapid technological advancements over the years. Owing to issues related to Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), connector and terminal designs are yet to be standardized across manufacturers and platforms—a fact highlighted by the lack of uniformity across design schematics and development processes. Meeting compliance standards are also proving to be a challenge as regulatory authorities continue to heighten safety standards for vehicles across the board.
L&T Technology Services (LTTS) offers comprehensive harness design and development services—from schematics to prototyping. Using our wire harness routing expertise, we deliver solutions that are customized according to established communication protocols and serviceability considerations. LTTS’ testing and validation services reduce production costs by identifying design issues right at the pilot stage, in turn improving the time-to-market for final products. Combined with design and detailing support, our schematic development services enable customers to standardize platforms and harness models across products as well as execute change management.
HARNESS DEVELOPMENT SERVICE OFFERING
- Comprehensive design, detailing, testing and validation support that enables faster product launch and improved time-to-market
- A robust variable resource model capable of dynamically scaling personnel count in order to meet project requirements
- Complete end-to-end project ownership, delivery, and workload management that boosts operational efficiency
- Enhanced communication channels across geographies—with state-of-the-art facilities operating near client locations—that ensures efficient timeline management
- Avail holistic support across the design process—from schematics to prototyping—to increase functionality, reliability, and system performance efficiency that speeds up time-to-market
- Utilize quick solutions to address design and field failure issues, and implement support and machine level system audits
- Obtain accurate schematics in line with specified requirements with the help of various tools that isolate any mismatches between the harness model and its schematic representation
- Created a cross-functional team with deep domain expertise to perform trade and feasibility studies followed by a prototype demonstration, to improve the client's existing design. Reduced the cost of the electrical system by 50.4%, and lowered the electronic packaging cycle time and size by 29.2%
- Designed and analyzed a mini-adapter to be used to connect an existing wing adapter to a prototype pylon, and deployed it during the prototype engine series flight test. All designs were guided by SAE ARP994A and AS50881, and comprehensive support was provided for manufacturing, testing, and validation
- Developed a management solution for a client's OpenWrt-based router and integrated the application on the MIPS platform. Reduced time and effort through effective device management and integration of new features