L&T Technology Services provides engineering and consultancy services to some of the world’s leading personal devices manufactures, ODMs, and operators. Our years of rich experience in product development, digitalization and the cloud, user experience engineering, and Testing & Certification gives us a big edge in helping you expand to new markets, innovate newer and smarter products, and roll-out products faster and cheaper. We leverage our engineering expertise and strong partner ecosystem to build products with breakthrough innovations.
STATE OF THE MARKET
Personal devices are disrupting the way we relate to the world, and this transformation is far from being over. While the Internet has certainly been the primary catalyst for the revolution we have witnessed, there are many interesting trends shaping up the future of smart phones and other personal devices.
We are on the verge of a smart home revolution – an Intel study indicates that over 71% of all households would have a home automation device by 2025. This is revolutionizing the way consumers interact with their devices and home appliances. Voice interactions are exploding with a study indicating that over 50% of all searches would be voice based within the next three years. This trend is going to change the way consumers search for content and interact with the devices.
Virtual Reality handsets have made an entry into all major avenues of customer interaction. This is opening up exciting new possibilities to go beyond sight and sound - enthralling users at multiple sensory levels. Gaming, retail, social media and advertising are some of the areas that will witness immediate disruption thru VR.
Coming to wearables, a massive growth is expected in the smartwatch market over the next 5 years. App developers are turning away from traditional smartphones in favor of wearables. An interesting trend is wearable AI – body devices are becoming an ideal platform to gather deep insights on consumer behavior and build fascinating new experiences.
- Rich operator-customization experience - Database of 20+ operators worldwide to roll-out products faster and cheaper, expand to new markets, and customized products for specific geographies
- 12+ years of deep Qualcomm Snapdragon expertise with a team size of 300 engineers, to ensure smooth Android upgrades and accelerated project ramp-ups
- Extensive experience in Android camera for smart phones and camera tuning. Our engineers have worked on various smartphone products since 2007
- Strong partner-ecosystem for state-of-the-art lab infrastructure and with industry suppliers such as chip vendors (Qualcomm, Intel), ODMs, Certification houses, and 30+ carriers worldwide
- Designed the world’s first dual screen Android smartphone which clinched the “Best of CES 2015” award. Our work involved the complete design of the software platform as well as development and integration of touch screens, display panels, middleware, and apps
- Conceptualized a smart and secure smartphone for children that led to 30% cost savings. We designed the architecture and development of this secure platform, and built the kid and parent app for the Android & iOS platforms
- Executed complete Android upgrade from Android Marshmallow 6.0 to Android Nougat 7.0 for a smartphone on Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 MSM8953 and optimized the Android N Boot to 23 seconds. Carried out Feature and System Testing, power and performance, and field trials
- Helped a Tier-1 Handset OEM accelerate its project ramp-up by 26.5% in 4 months, to address global requirements. The major focus of the project (built on the Qualcomm Snapdragon platform) included Android framework development, application development and customization, Android Nougat upgrade, BSP, stability & power management, and testing